Custom modular displays typically come with a pretty hefty price tag. If you want to get the most out of your investment and utilize your booth for years and years to come, you have to commit to regular, scheduled maintenance and repairs. This will not only help you get the most for your money, but it will also ensure your booth is always in top condition, so it can bring in customers, convert leads and make sales.
What are you doing to care for your brand’s custom modular displays? If you said “nothing,” then it’s time to rethink your strategy. Follow these six steps, and start caring for your booth today:
1. Take time tearing it down. When you take down your booth, don’t do it haphazardly, packing it into bags and boxes in a hurry. This will only result in damage to your booth– possibly damage that can’t be repaired. So always take your time, and take apart each element properly. Fold everything neatly, roll up your banners, and store each piece in its intended case or bag. This will keep your exhibits safe and sound until the next time you need them.
2. Clean it after every use. Never pack your booth or displays away without first cleaning them. If you don’t, any dirt, dust or debris on it will sit there for months or even years. By the time you notice it, your display may be permanently damaged. So take a few minutes to wipe down all your booth elements, one by one, with a damp cloth after every use. Be sure to dry them thoroughly, too. You don’t want moisture building up on your displays.
3. Store it in a temperature controlled place. Heat can warp many booth elements, especially ones made of wood or plastic. If you want to ensure your custom modular displays remain in great condition, always find a storage place that’s temperature-controlled. It should be somewhere between 60 and 80 degrees, preferably.
4. Beware of pests. Make sure you’re aware of pests in your storage area, too. If the region is high in ants, spiders or even rats or mice, take precautions and have a pest control company safeguard your storage space. Pests can chew up your booth elements, bore holes in them and more, and you won’t even know until the next time you pull them out. By then, it may be too late to fix before your show!
5. Conduct regular inspections. Once every six months, take your booth out, set it up and do a 360-degree inspection of it and all its elements. Make sure there’s no dirt or debris on it, clear away any cobwebs, and look for any damage that may have been done. Also look to see that everything is working properly – make sure the banner stands still stand straight, the modular exhibits still fit together, etc. By doing this every six months, you can prevent any surprises the next time you need your booth.
6. Protect it. Take preventative measures to protect your custom modular exhibits where ever possible. Laminate your graphics, buy the right bags and cases for each piece, and get some high-quality covers and tarps for your larger-scale items. This will keep them from getting damaged during travel and while in storage.
Did you invest in custom modular displays for your company? If so, you need to be protecting that investment through regular maintenance and care. For help caring for your display, contact Ballance Display today. We offer maintenance, storage, shipping, repairs and more, and we can even help you replace your old or outdated displays, too.
If you’re new to the trade show scene, or if you just don’t have the funds to buy a fully customized booth of your own just yet, a display booth rental can be a great choice. Not only does it require a small budget, it can also be acquired in a pinch. You won’t need to worry about buying it, storing it and shipping it to your show; just rent it in the city you’re headed to, and pick it up on your way to the convention hall. It’s extremely convenient, affordable and easy.
Are you considering a display booth rental as an option for your company’s upcoming trade show or exhibit? Here’s what you need to know:
1. You can make it as simple or customized as you choose. Many people tend to think that rental booths are just plain, white and boring, and that they won’t help their brand stand out at all. While there certainly are some rental booths that look like this, it’s definitely not true of all of them. In fact, our rentals can be customized easily to your brand and your needs. Just send us your graphics, or work with one of our designers, and we’ll help you build the most effective display booth rental possible.
2. They require little up-front investment. Unlike a purchased booth, you don’t have to put down thousands of dollars just to have a booth at your next show. A rental booth gives you an affordable, budget-friendly option to work with, and it allows you to use the rest of your funds for other parts of your exhibition – like staffing, travel and more.
3. Booths come in all sorts of designs and sizes. There’s not just one set size when it comes to a display booth rental. You can get a small, 10 x 10 ft pop up booth, a huge, 20 x 50 ft expansive booth, or even just a simple rental banner or kiosk. Best of all, since rental booths are all modular, you can easily rearrange them on the floor, creating unique layouts and designs that keep your booth interesting.
4. You don’t have to deal with care, shipping or storage. When you purchase your own booth, you have to worry about all the extras. You have to clean and care for it, inspect it, ship it and store it, and you’ll even have to make regular repairs. With a rental booth, you won’t have to worry about any of these costs. Once you’re done with the show, simply drop the booth off on your way out of town. It’s simple, easy and incredibly fast.
5. Try out new strategies. With a purchased booth, you’re locked into that design and layout for years. You’ll have spent thousands of dollars on that booth, and unless you want to shell out thousands more, you’re stuck with what you’ve got. But what if that design proves ineffective? What if you discontinue the products or services the booth is based on? You’d be stuck with an irrelevant booth in no time at all. Fortunately, with a display booth rental, you can try out as many strategies and designs as you like. Pick one for this month, then next month, try out something completely different. Figure out which one works for your brand best, and then move on to purchasing a more customized booth just for you.
If you want to save cash, reduce work, improve efficiency and get your trade show exhibits ready fast, consider a display booth rental. Contact Ballance Display today to learn more or to begin customizing your company’s rental booth now.
A trade show booth is an important company asset. It helps you make connections, get leads and, most importantly, close sales. To achieve any (or all) of these things, you can’t purchase one lightly. A lot of thought should be put into it – the design, layout, graphics and, of course, the amount you spend on it.
If you’re purchasing a trade show booth for the first time, all these considerations can get pretty overwhelming, especially if you don’t have a set budget in mind. Fortunately, we’re here to help. Use these tips to determine how much you should allot for your booth, so you can have successful, profitable trade show outings for many years to come.
1. Talk about it. Talking about money is always awkward, but in order to get a good idea of where you can take your booth, you need to get a good grasp on what your resources are. So schedule an appointment with the person who holds the purse strings. Come prepared with stats, so you can show them just how important trade shows and exhibitions can be, and get ready to talk numbers. Try to lock them into a general price range – one that has a little bit of wiggle room if necessary.
2. Break it down. Next, break down all the individual costs that your trade show booth will run you. Of course, you have the equipment costs – what you’ll pay for your actual booth, its displays and graphics. But you should also think about the other expenses that will come with it, too. You’ll need to pay staffers to man it, you’ll have to pay for shipping and storage of the booth, you’ll need carrying cases for each display, and you’ll have to hire a graphic designer and copywriter to hammer out the content details. Take time to map out each and every line item you’ll need to pay for, and leave no stone unturned.
3. Evaluate what you have. Now, evaluate what you have in-house that could be used toward your booth. Do you have staffers who can man the booth for the day? A graphic designer who can handle the imagery? A handyman who can do the set-up? The more in-house resources you can use, the better. This will allow you to spend more resources toward the booth itself.
4. Price out costs. Finally, price out the individual costs of every item. Meet with a few display manufacturers, and see what it would cost to turn your ideas into a booth or various display elements. Find freelance graphic designers and writers, and get quotes for their work. Determine the total expense of each individual item, and then add them up to get your total estimated budget.
5. Lock it in. Once you have a good estimate of what your costs will be, schedule another meeting with your higher-ups. Show them the detailed breakdown of what you need, what you have, and what everything will cost you. Be sure to bring in notes on your booth design, and be prepared to discuss the true advantages and opportunities a trade show booth holds. If they think your numbers are too high, encourage them to remember what’s on the line: new leads, new customers and new sales. Once all is said and done, lock in a number, and get to prepping for your upcoming show.
If at all possible, try to leave a little wiggle room in the budget for extras. Chances are you’ll have a few off-hand expenses you weren’t expecting, and you’ll want to make sure you have the funds to cover those when they come up.
Want to use your budget to its fullest? Contact Ballance Display today. We’ll help you create the best possible trade show booth for your brand and budget.
Many exhibitors assume a custom-made exhibit is the only way to see real results at a trade show. Though it is true that custom exhibits are fairly effective, that doesn’t mean they’re the only option on the market. In fact, when done right, a modular exhibit can be just as powerful a tool. They can be just as eye-catching and impactful as their custom-made counterparts. Modular exhibits are also a little more affordable, something many budget-conscious companies can appreciate.
Are you looking for a great way to make a big splash at your next trade show? Then consider a modular exhibit. Here are just a few reasons why a modular exhibit is a great choice:
1. Flexible and adaptable. Because modular exhibits break apart and can be easily reconfigured, they’re extremely adaptable. If you have a 10’ x 10’ space at one show, and a 20’ x 20’ at the next, a modular exhibit can allow you to fill both these spots with no hassle at all. You may have to get a little creative with your layout, but once that’s determined, set up is a breeze! With a custom exhibit, if you don’t have a space big enough to fit your booth, you’re out of luck. You’d either need to buy a new booth, or simply set up a table or tent in your space – neither of which is a very viable option. If your space options aren’t set in stone, a modular exhibit is definitely the way to go.
2. Easy to update and change. Marketing campaigns change with the seasons, and with them, your trade show booth needs to change, too. Unfortunately, with most exhibits, if you want to change up your design, layout or even graphics, you’d have to order a whole new booth, which is hardly convenient or cost-effective. With a modular display, however, changing and updating your booth is easy. Just remove one wall, design a new one, order it, and snap it in place! You don’t have to re-outfit your entire booth, and you can change your campaigns, graphics, copy and other elements as often as you like with little overhead cost at all!
3. Affordable. Custom exhibits are pretty expensive, and while pop-up displays may do for a while, they’re just not sturdy enough for long-term use. If you really want a budget-friendly, long-lasting product, the modular exhibit is the only way to go. They’re extremely affordable, as well as easy to set up, tear down and store, so they’re not vulnerable to much wear and tear. Ultimately, this means fewer maintenance expenses in the long run, and a better product for your brand.
4. Repairs are simple. With a modular exhibit, repairs are simple. Like updating your booth, you simple remove the broken piece or wall, order a replacement, and pop it into place. While you’re waiting for your new piece, you can simply reconfigure your layout, and work with the existing pieces you have. That means you don’t have to miss out on a show – or any sales – while your repairs are in the works.
5. Easy to set up and use. One of the biggest benefits of the modular exhibit is its ease of use. Virtually anyone can set up a modular booth in minutes. Just unfold, set up and snap into place. It only takes one or two sets of hands, and your booth can be ready to go in no time flat.
If you’re looking for a great trade show booth that’s effective, long lasting and budget-friendly, consider a modular exhibit. Contact Ballance Display to design your own today!