While it’s usually a good idea to invest in your own customized trade show exhibits and displays, sometimes it is necessary to opt for a rental instead. A trade show booth rental cuts down on your up-front costs, eliminates the need to worry about design or fabrication, and allows you to get your show organized more quickly and easily. If you’re not sure whether a trade show booth rental is right for you organization, consider the following six situations to determine which option is best for you:
- If you’re a first-time exhibitor. If you’re a first-time exhibitor, a trade show booth rental is a good way to get your feet wet, learn about the trade show circuit, and give your first exhibition a whirl without having to invest too much time, money or effort.
- If you’re traveling far. Distant trade shows are difficult to work with if you have customized displays and exhibit pieces, because you have to find a way to ship and transport each individual piece to your final location, pay for storage until your team arrives, transport it to the venue, and set it up. This can increase the cost of your trade show outing a huge amount, and it puts your displays at risk for damage during transit and storage. With a trade show booth rental, your team can pick up the booth at a local facility where the show is being held, eliminating the need for expensive transportation and the possibility of damage en route.
- If you’re working on short notice. If you only have a few weeks or days to pull together a booth or if you received short notice about an upcoming exhibition, a trade show booth rental can be a good option for you. Since you don’t have time to design, fabricate, and produce a customized exhibit, a trade show booth rental can ensure that you have the basic tools necessary for a successful trade show outing.
- If you’re on a tight budget. If your company’s budget is tight and you don’t have much funding for trade show efforts this year, a customized exhibit is not a good option, because they can run upwards of $10,000, which is an unrealistic expense during difficult financial times. A rental booth is a much more affordable option that provides you a fully operational booth to show off your brand, draw in customers, and bring in new leads at your next show, usually for thousands of dollars less than a custom exhibit.
- If you only attend one or two exhibits a year. If you only attend a couple trade shows a year, you may not need to invest in a fully customized exhibit. A trade show booth rental may suffice for the few outings you go on so that you don’t have the up-front costs of a custom exhibit and you don’t have to cover repairs, maintenance, or transportation costs in the future.
- If you’re not settled on a marketing strategy yet. A trade show booth rental can be extremely helpful if you haven’t worked out your marketing strategy or technique yet. With a rental, you’re free to try out all kinds of designs, configurations and displays, without investing too much capital. Try different combinations until you find one that resonates with your customers well and brings in positive results, and then consider purchasing a more permanent booth that you know will work.
If you think a trade show booth rental may work for your organization’s next exhibition, contact Ballance Display today. We’ll help you pick the perfect rental for your budget, needs and timeline.