If you want your tradeshow displays to last a long time, taking proper care of them is crucial. They need to be cleaned regularly, stored in a cool, dry place, and repaired and refurbished on a regular basis. You must also be extremely diligent when transporting or traveling with them, as this is when damage is most likely to occur. If you’re not sure how to keep your tradeshow displays safe during your travels, follow the eight tips below:
- Always use carrying cases. Most display pieces come with their own carrying cases to make it easier to transport them and protect them from the elements. Whether it’s rain, wind, or a pushy person on the subway, a carrying case can go a long way in protecting your displays.
- Ship oversized pieces. Although it might be cheaper to take your displays with you in the car or on the plane, it’s not always the best choice, especially if you have larger pieces. Large displays and expo pieces should be carefully packed in protective bubble wrap or Styrofoam, and then shipped to your tradeshow destination directly using a trusted carrier service such as FedEx or UPS. This will help to ensure that your piece is cared for every step of the way.
- Book an extra seat. If you decide to bring your displays on the road with you, be sure to book an extra seat for them, particularly if you’re traveling by train, bus or plane. Doing so means you won’t have to cram your displays into overhead compartments, and they won’t be susceptible to accidental damage from nearby travelers or passengers. You can secure them easily to keep them safe throughout the whole trip.
- Pack them correctly. When packing your tradeshow displays for an upcoming trip, always tear them down properly, fold them along the correct lines and bends, and pack them up safely and securely in their carrying cases. This will prevent any creasing or tearing while your displays are in transit.
- Get them waterproofed. For extra safekeeping, get your tradeshow displays waterproofed and laminated before taking them on the road. This both protects them from the elements and keeps them safe in the event of a spill or splash.
- Bring cleaning supplies. No matter how much you safeguard your displays, there’s still a chance they could get scuffed up or dirty during transport. Just in case, always have some cleaning supplies on hand, including non-abrasive rags, a mild soap or cleaning gel, some glass cleaner, and plenty of paper towels to dry them off.
- Bring repair supplies. In addition to getting dirty during transit, your displays can also suffer visible damage along the way, too. In the event that this occurs, keep some quick repair tools on hand such as tape, a hot glue gun, a screwdriver, extra bolts and nails, and any other parts you think may be helpful.
- Watch crowded areas. Crowded areas are some of the most high-risk places when protecting your tradeshow displays during travel. Walking through crowded airports, pushing your way through busy subway stations, or going along bustling sidewalks can put your pieces in danger of damage, so try to avoid crowded spaces as much as possible in order to prevent this.
If you need help ensuring that your tradeshow displays make it to their destination safely, call Ballance Display for help. We can ship, store and transport your displays for you, and we can provide repairs and refurbishment services if something happens along the way. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for your tradeshow needs.