When you purchase a trade show banner, it should be an investment. It shouldn’t be a one-time, one-use purchase that only gets seen at a single convention. It should be something you can use time and time again to advertise your products, improve brand visibility and encourage sales.
Want to ensure your trade show banner does all this and more? Check out our guide below and maximize your purchase.
Tips for Success
The first step to make your trade show banner an effective, long-term investment comes before you even purchase the banner. It happens in the design stage.
If you want your banner to really sell your products—and continue to do so over time—it’s imperative you put as much thought and effort as possible into the design. You should consult your marketing team, get a professional graphic designer involved and develop a look and message that speaks to your audience.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Materials. Make sure you select lasting, durable materials such as vinyls, laminates and other strong fabrics. Also consider how easy the materials are to clean. You don’t want dirt and grime to build up over time, so make sure your banner can be easily wiped and cleaned after every use.
- Color. While black and white may be cheaper to print, it’s certainly not going to sell your brand most effectively. Use dramatic, bold and rich colors in your trade show banner design. This will ensure you’re quickly noticed at any event.
- Portability. Size and portability matter when designing your banner. You want to transport it easily wherever you go—a convention, business trip, pitch meeting and more. The banner should fold up and fit next to you on a train, plane or bus without hassle.
- Verbiage. In order to use this banner for several years, don’t include any time-sensitive messaging on it. Don’t advertise sales, promote a “new” product or display other verbiage that could expire. Keep your message classic and marketing-driven, with contact details and other information for ordering.
In addition to creating an effective design and message, maximize your trade show banner by using it in other venues besides trade shows, conventions and conferences. Some ideas include:
- Sales and pitch meetings—Trying to impress a new client? Bring along your banner and really show them you mean business. They’ll love the professional, pulled-together look it gives your presentation, and it may even inspire them to close that deal.
- Office space branding—Want a way to set off your office space from the rest of the building? Use your trade show banner. Display it in a central place and make sure passersby see your name and brand.
- Sidewalk advertising—If you’re in an area with lots of other shops and foot traffic, use your banner to call attention to your brand. It will help you stand out and improve brand recognition.
Are you looking for a trade show banner that will last for many years? Contact Ballance Display. Our team will help you create an effective, beautiful banner that you can count on for the long run. Call us today at 1-888-774-4403 to get started.
Tags: trade show banner
Why Choose Us?
- PerfectDesign™ discovery process
- Lifetime warrantee on hardware
- Fastest turnaround in the market
- One-stop shop convenience
- Respect for your budget
- Exhibit marketing experts
The Schick client and account teams are in LOVE with the Hydro Silk booth!
There was great feedback and consumer response in Vancouver.Candice DixonOperations Manager
We have had amazing feedback from many people at the show about how impressive the booth is, particularly the canopy.. Its quite an inviting booth.Tim AngusPresident & CEO
Thanks so much. Overall great job and great experience. Let me know if I can ever can be a referral.Jeff KiehnPresident
The only word I can think of is… WOW!Samantha BoyceEvent Management
We would like to tell you how very very happy with Ballance Display for the great job they did in setting up the booth – and more importantly the time and patience in teaching, training and coaching us.Dunc WilsonNational Dealer