Popup booths are a great way to make a splash at a trade show or convention without investing a lot of overhead. They’re small, customizable, and highly affordable, making them perfect for first-time exhibitors, companies in a pinch, or those simply on a tight budget.
Are you considering a popup booth for your next show? Make the most of your exhibit by considering these six factors:
- Space constraints – How much space will you have at the show? While all popup booths are fairly small, there are some size variations. If you have enough room, opt for a bigger, more eye-catching piece. If your space is limited, choose a smaller but highly impactful piece. Never choose a popup display without first knowing your booth’s specifications. You don’t want to choose a display that’s too small or—even worse—too big. It can make you look unprofessional or even disqualify you from the show.
- Staff limitations – How many staff members will be manning your booth? Make sure to only purchase as much as your staff can handle and set up. If just one employee is attending the show, look for compact, collapsible, easily transportable displays. If you have two or three going, you may be able to opt for larger, more intricate displays.
- Graphics – Even small popup booths can make a big impression. Use graphics to make your booth stand out from the pack. Choose bold, rich colors, and incorporate messaging that’s clear, concise and engaging. Use imagery that makes passersby want to stop, look and learn more about what your company has to offer.
- Add-ons – Maximize the space in your booth by integrating other add-ons and pieces in addition to your popup display. Try utilizing TV or media screens for an entertaining, interactive feel. Opt for a podium or counter area for your staff to sit behind. Invest in banner stands that can help your booth stand out and make an impact. At Ballance Display, we offer packages that include some of these items. Our 8’ by 10’ popup displays come with not only a great crescent-shaped popup piece, but also an included sales podium! Our Neo Graphic Popup comes with bonuses too, including a header sign, TV brackets, tables, stem lights and more.
- Transportability – If you want to save on costs and ensure your staff can handle your popup booths, make sure they’re easily transportable. Choose options that collapse, fold up and can fit manageably in a car or be carried on a plane. Also look for booths that come with carrying cases or bags to make things even easier for your staff.
- Ease of set-up – Most trade shows only allot a certain amount of time to unload and set up your booth. If your team doesn’t finish within that time frame, you may not get to show. To prevent this, look for popup booths with fast, easy-to-set-up systems. The EZ Truss system, for example, allows for fast set-up with just one or two people. Tension systems work well, too. Your team can simply pull the piece out of the bag, pop it up, and then apply graphic panels to the frame itself. In just a few minutes your booth is complete!
There’s no doubt about it: popup booths are an easy, affordable option for many exhibitors. If you want to get the most out of your booth, make sure you consider these six factors before investing in one.
Are you ready to purchase or customize your own popup display? Contact Ballance Display today for help.